- I led the bible study at Coffee Plus
- Visited Harry and Viv, talked to them and Steve B about prayer cards, gave them a card and said goodbye
- Had lunch with Mum
- Caught a train to Manchester and met up with Ian
- Had a curry with Ian at the Punjab Tandoori Restaurant on the Curry Mile, excellent curry, wonderful place, I just love walking down that street!
- Went to Steve's induction, really lovely service, a great positive start for Him and Rachel at Platt.
Well, that was Friday, I was up at 6am this morning and completely restructured our downstairs so that we could accomodate lots of visitors this evening! Also cleaned and hoovered and moved junk etc...Anyway managed to get everything done before setting off for Chester, which was a relief!! The service at the cathedral was typical of its type and the cathedral was really very cold considering that it was quite warm outside! I thought the sermon by Graham Dow was good, scriptural and relevant, not something guaranteed at such events!
Ian looked very pretty in his robes!
And there were a good number of people from church there to support Ian and Nikki as they were licensed, which was great, though I have definite evidence that there is a lack of variety in Licensing cards available:
Then this evening we have had 25 people round at the house to celebrate, though it wasn't a late night! Really tired now, but there's music group in the morning and lunch at mum's after, and of course, I still have lots of washing to do...