1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
I went on a gondola in Venice, saw the Erdpyramids in the Dolomites, climbed the Atomium and the Laxey Wheel and learned to give chemotherapy!
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't make any last year, but do have one for this year...
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nobody very close... but a couple of deaths made me sad, the first was one of my primary school teachers, the second was the sudden death of our Macmillan nurse Phred.
5. What countries did you visit?
France, Belgium, Switzerland, Italy and the Isle of Man
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More time and more focus!!
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Friday 16th May - Chris was admitted to hospital
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finding the strength to cope with all that Chris's illness entails, and finding joy in the midst of it
9. What was your biggest failure?
No outstanding big failures, but many small ones!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No I have been very well
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new mini laptop
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Many people's but especially Chris's
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
On travel as usual!!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Many things including David going off to Uni, Matthew's excellent AS results, but mostly by dreams of things that might be...
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
"Rule the World" by Take That
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
About the same surprisingly!
ii. thinner or fatter?
Fatter, but not irreparably so
iii. richer or poorer?
Probably poorer, given the current financial state, but not noticeably so!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Waiting at hospitals
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Quietly and peacefully with my family at home
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes, with all things Italian, again!
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV program?
Scrubs, House, Super Nanny, Dr Who, Hell's kitchen and many more!
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't do hate, but I have learnt to love some people much better!
25. What was the best book you read?
Things I want my daughters to know - not a great book but it came at just the right time for me!
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
A talented young clarinettist
27. What did you want and get?
Satisfying work and relationships
28. What did you want and not get?
A trip to Egypt!
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 42, I can't remember what I did, but I'm pretty sure it involved curry!!
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
I don't have one, but I favour smooth and flowing, soft and silky!!
33. What kept you sane?
My faith and my friends
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The suffering of the Zimbabwean people
36. Who did you miss?
Phred, even though I had only met her a handful of times!
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I met many new people this year, some of whom were kind and compassionate, brave and strong... I hesitate to single any one out. I also got to know some people I already knew in a new and deeper way.....
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008
Some things which I thought were important turned out not to be..
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"After changes upon changes things are more or less the same"